Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Short Update

I'm sorry it has been so long in between posts. A lot has happened but at the same time I don't have a lot to write personally. Last week I got to travel to Burundi to participate in the YPI Burundi conference. We were in a smaller city called Gitega up in the mountains of Burundi and it was absolutely gorgeous. My impression was that the conference went really well but I actually got sick during the conference and so my memories of it are only so-so. On the way back we had an 8 hour layover in Rwanda so we left the airport and got to sit in a coffee shop for a bit and attend another short meeting with some people there.

Last week I somehow managed to catch  a stomach bug and a cold all at the same time and while my stomach bug only lasted about 3 days my cold is still lingering. Mostly I just have a pretty bad cough that keeps me up till the wee hours of the morning; which is unfortunate but not the end of the world. However I have deep-rooted and abiding hatred of coughing that probably comes from my extra long bought with it last year; so this really isn't my favorite form of being sick. I would appreciate prayer to get over this quickly so I can get some sleep at night and enjoy running around the city during the day.

Hopefully soon I'll have something a little more fun to post, and maybe eventually I'll take out my camera and actually take some pictures.But until then I will at least try to keep my promise of posting once a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment