Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Giving Thanks

I have been in Uganda for about 3 and a half days now and I am flying out this evening to Burundi. Today I just wanted to write a short blog about some things that God put on my heart to be thankful for.

I am thankful for the people all over the world who are passionate about the Lord's work and His plan for the global community. I am thankful that we are all given different talents and gifts with which to serve His kingdom. I am thankful that the Lord does not discriminate by racial, social, or cultural differences. I am thankful that the Lord has given every single person a part to play in His kingdom. I am thankful that the Lord holds a plan for the world  that is for His glory. I am thankful for the determination that comes from knowing that we serve a just and merciful God who loves the world and seeks to use us to do His work in it. And lastly for today I am thankful that the Lord has given me the peace that comes from knowing that the Lord uses weaknesses and strengths so that His glory will shine despite me.


1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! Praying for you and your time in Burundi. May the Lord continue this precious work He has started in you, for the sake of the Gospel!

    ReplyDelete